Today is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. Originally called the Feast of Our Lady of Victory, we honor Our Lady today for her help in the victory over the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Lepanto. The victory in this battle prevented the spread of the Ottoman Empire and prevented the spreadÂ Islam through Europe. Look here and here for more information about the Battle and Our Lady.
Things to do today, aside from the obvious of praying the Rosary:
1. Make a Rosary Cake.(we will be doing this today, but are only making a decade)
2. Share with others how to pray the Rosary.
3. Have your older children draw a picture of the Battle of Lepanto.
4. Have your younger children draw a picture of the Rosary.
5. Try some things out from this page. (A wonderful resource and one that I visit just about every day!)
6. Checkout this blog and enter to win the Rosary.