As I mentioned in my last post, we have a bunch of tomatoes in our garden. I plan on canning them and the kids are eating them, whole, like apples, but I am still trying to find different ways to use them, and that means recipe creation in the Facemyer Kitchen.
- A small loaf of homemade Italian bread
- Olive oil
- Six tomatoes
- ThreeÂ pepperoncini
- Green olives
- MozzarellaÂ cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400Â°
- Slice the bread (about 1/4 inch thick) and place on a cookie sheet or the tray of aÂ toasterÂ oven.
- Smear a little bit of olive oil on the sliced bread.
- Cut the veggies into bit sizeÂ piecesÂ and arrange on the bread.
- Sprinkle with a bit of the mozzarella cheese.
- Â Place into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted. (about five minutes in a toaster oven.)
(edited to add a picture)
No comment yet, add your voice below!