- I had my midwife appointment today. Everything is going well and I’m at 37 weeks, so this baby can come at any time. (No really, kid, come out soon, please!)
- We did an impromptu trip to the park after my appointment and since I hadn’t planned for it, we stopped by Joshua’s office for ice and water. It’s always fun to stop by “work” and hang out for a bit.
- The kids told me they were bored at the park. I can’t even. 😉
- I spent the morning working on plans for the next school year. We’ve used Kolbe for the past five years, however this year I’m making a switch to Memoria Press for most of the subjects. I really like the way that Memoria’s books look and how their subjects are laid out as well. We’ve used it for Latin, Composition, and History for a few years now, so I’m making the plunge for a few other subjects. I still plan on using Kolbe for Math and Religion though.
- I do think I’m crazy for making a switch like this for a school year that begins a month after I have a baby. However, if we are making lots of changes, why not with schooling as well?
- Have I mentioned that the baby is hanging out on my hip? Have I mentioned that it’s not pleasant? It gets worse after driving because of all the moving my leg has to do.
I’m not due until the middle of June, but really, come early, baby, come early! 🙂
I’m also excited to hear how you like using Memoria Press. I love when other people talk about their curriculum wins and fails! Basically I just love reading about curriculum.
I like Kolbe, I just feel like Memoria builds on itself year after year. I never thought I’d be a “create my own curriculum” person, but here I am.
Ooo I think I really like their cursive books. We never found a great fit for that this year, and so ended up dropping it about halfway through, but I do really want the kids to learn it. Their books look like they might be a good fit.
I have such a love hate relationship with handwriting books! I know my kids need to learn cursive, but I want books with more depth. Pretty much I wish I had unlimited funds for printer paper and toner 🙂
Kolbe & Memoria Press are a great combo. I think you’re doing the right thing. Also, you better teach your kids cursive….. *shaking my fist at you*
They are learning it, I promise 🙂